YAML 4 was released in January. That was very close after the first JYAML 4 release. That's a reason why currently JYAML based on YAML 3.
Currently the work for JYAML 4.5.0 is in progress (~80-90% finished) and a first version of a migration script for YAML3 to YAML4 is in work, too.
But the next thing is...
On 12th June, Joomla! has blogged here official information's and release dates for the coming Joomla! 3.0. The stable release is planned on 15th September and comes with Twitter Bootstrap as base HTML/CSS-Framework.
What does this mean for YAML 4 integration?
In this case JYAML with the YAML4 integration will be public as close as possible -after- the Joomla! 3.0 stable release to avoid duplicate working processes.
jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap?
Joomla! 3.0 comes with the Twitter Bootstrap CSS/HTML Framework, that requires jQuery. So I've decided to convert all MooTools scripts as jQuery Plugins in a most compatible way.
Is an Upgrade/Migration possible?
- Migration script from YAML3 to YAML4 is in development: The migration script does search and replace all required CSS classes (files and database) to the new YAML 4 version including backups for restore. So the most things can be done automatically, i hope. But minor manual changes in most cases will always be necessary.
- Update from Joomla! 2.5 to Joomla! 3.0: Currently i don't know exactly how the Joomla changes the core CSS classes and component templates. But i think someone write a guide in the Joomla! Documentation Wiki. Here, i think, are the most manual adjustments will be necessary, regardless of JYAML. This can say no one exactly for now.
- JYAML 4.5.0 with YAML4 is in development and will be released as close as possible to the Joomla! 3.0 release.
- A migration script from YAML3 to YAML4 is included in the upgrade process.
- All MooTools scripts will be converted to jQuery Plugins.