JYAML 4.0.0 Beta1 for Joomla! 1.6 is now available
Now you can start to build Joomla! 1.6 templates with YAML.
- JYAML Component removed. The template is now configurable in the template manager.
- Added JYAML Library. This is the main framework and includes all core files.
- Removed Designs and their folder structure. Because Joomla1.6 can handle multiple Template styles.
- jQuery removed by default. All script rewritten for MooTools and MooTools-More.
- All basemod_colX.css and patch_colX.css files are removed. Column order etc. now defined with the dynamic body css classes.
- For better overview all CSS subdirectories are removed. Instead the filenames has prefix names now.
The documentation is still in progress, but you can read a more detailed list of changes, improvements and a preview image for default module positions in the Wiki: JYAML 4.0.0 for Joomla 1.6 - Overview Notes.
It is not intended for use on production sites.
If you find bugs, please make sure that is a only a JYAML issue and not a Joomla Bug.
Please check this with an Joomla default template (like beez) and temporay disable the JYAML System Plugin. Thanks!