JYAML 4.0.0 Stable released
The Joomla! Template Framework JYAML 4.0.0 for Joomla! 1.6+ now has reached the Stable status.
JYAML 4.0.0 Stable contains some Bug-Fixes for Joomla! 1.7, improvements and minor updates. The documentation for JYAML 4.0.0 also was updated.
- Menu Subtitles now configurable in each menu item in the settings. The subtitle separator (like ##) was removed. This means, no page/menu title issues with other extensions.
- The Count Empty Modules option now is also available in each module. So you can enable it, e.g. a module contains no real content or is not counted for some other reasons.
New in stable:
- screen.responsive.css for Responsive Design with some examples.
- JYAML 3.x is only for Joomla 1.5
- JYAML 4.x is for Joomla 1.6+
If you would to extend JYAML 4.x please read the articles in the development wiki. With these articles and the Joomla! Layout Output Override technique you become the magic of template customizations, like a content construction kit.
Note: If you have already installed the version 4.0.0 RC1 or RC2, the stable update does not show in Joomla! Extension Manager. You must simply upgrade the package manually with (re-)installation of the current package.
Please read the section Installation & Updates in the documentation how to install the JYAML template.
Migration from JYAML 3.x (J!1.5) to 4.x (J!1.6+)
The migration in technical is not possible. Sorry about this.
Joomla! 1.6+ has to many changes to made this automatically. E.g. mod_mainmenu is replaced with mod_menu and many other small issues. And JYAML itself has a totally refactored code base to make all the new features possible. I hope with the new code base the update to new Joomla! major versions is now given.
It is recommended to rebuild your template in connection with a relaunch of your website.