The the upgrade function you can update your JYAML template files.
What makes the upgrade function?
- It compares the currently installed JYAML Framework Library with the template version. If the template version is older an upgrade button is visible.
- It can backup the entire template directory and can be downloaded. (For each upgrade recommended)
- it overwrites absolutely necessary files that need to be replaced and automatically saves an additional backup of the file in the same directory.
- It will copy all new files that are not yet available in the template.
- It updates the version information in the templateDetails.xml and in the database (manifest-cache)
What does not make the upgrade function?
- It does not search automatically for new versions.
- It does not replace the Joomla! update function, which can be found under "Extensions -> Update".
How to perform a full update, you can read at the section Installation and Updates.
In addition, i always try as much as possible to describe a version-dependent description in the release news in our blog, if this is necessary.